The Department of Orthopaedics was established on May 5, 2006 from its humble beginnings as a section under the Department of Surgery in 1946. It consists of the following sections : Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Hand and Microvascular Surgery, Arthroplasty, Pediatrics, Trauma, Adult, and Spine.
The USTH Department of Orthopaedics commits itself to:
- Provide a highly competent and compassionate care for patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Promote quality education, training and scientific research in Orthopaedics.
- Foster professional growth and the development of its staff.
- Deliver comprehensive orthopedic care with the use of cutting edge technology
- Enhance a harmonious and productive relationship with colleagues, organizations, other partners in the profession and the community.
The Department of Orthopaedics of USTH is the premier center for orthopaedic care, training and research based on sound scientific principles, guided by Catholic faith and morals.